Saturday, August 27, 2011

Two for one, Project 23 and 24

For the sake of the 100 project challenge, the girls that are participating, decided that a two page layout would count as two projects. I'm not usually much of a two pager kind of person but when I saw Kristy Lee's new Mid week mojo sketch for Topaz #4  I decided to give it a try. Here is the sketch she provided,


And this is what I came up with,


I wish I could take credit for the idea of the stitched circles but that was my incredibly talented friend Brenda Smith. When I originally saw Brenda's layout I said I wanted to try the stitched circles but on a smaller scale. I failed! I don't think a two pager counts as "smaller scale". 

I might be a little weird but I actually love stitching on my layouts, the extra time it takes is so worth the end result! This layout seemed to fight me every step of the way. I swear I spent days staring at paper trying to decide what to do. Everything I tried just seemed too busy. Which is why I ended up going a little plain and doing the stitching to add color and detail. My favorite detail of the layout is the twine lollipops.


I was so happy to get this layout done! I love the end result and I love that I was able to capture Brianna's first time tasting a sucker seeing her eye light up was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment