Friday, August 12, 2011

Project 2, Visiting Campbell

Before Trevor and I were married he was stationed at Ft. Campbell Army base in Kentucky. During the spring and summer of 2005 I drove the 8 hours to see him as much as possible. I had a photo booth strip of pictures from one of those visits that I had been trying to scrap for a long time. I had these half formed ideas in my head for the layout but I just couldn't seem to get it to come together. Then I few weeks back I found Life is Good by Echo Park on sale at my local Hobby Lobby. I had no idea what I was gonna use it for but I love Echo Park and had been looking for the kit for a long time.When I got it home and took it out to look at it the idea for the layout finally made sense!


I love the way it turned out! I had bought Teal high heel, Chalkboard glimmer mist, a few weeks ago and had been dying to use it. I reprinted the photos because the original was pretty beat up. (having been to Iraq and back) I glued them down in a strip using a brown background. Then I cut various borders out of Life is good. (and a few from My minds eye, Ooh La La) To do the misting I used sun rays that I had actually cut out and saved from a previous layout. I taped them down to use as masks and then misted till I got the effect I was looking for. I played with the borders for a long time trying to figure out exactly where I wanted them. Afterward I placed the sticker element on pop dots and picked out the perfect thickers for the title. I honestly wasn't sure where I was gonna journal till I was done. I didn't want to cover up my misting with a journaling block so I wrote along the "sun rays".  Looking at these pictures always brings back the memories from those trips. I think of all the wonderful people I met and all the amazing stories I have. I'm so glad they're finally scrapped!


No comments:

Post a Comment