Saturday, August 13, 2011

Project 6

About two weeks ago my father in law went to the emergency room because he was having trouble breathing. After a very scary week and a surgery, he is now doing much better. He is still in recovery and will hopefully be going home in the week. Trevor asked me to make a card for him, which made me a little nervous, I haven't made very many cards and even less masculine cards, but I gave it a try. I was inspired by two different sources, the first being this card from Pintrest,

 
and the second being this layout from my friend Melissa at A bit of scrappy goodness.


I absolutely loved the design of the card but I didn't think my father in law would appreciate the pink butterflies! The first thing that came to mind was the grown up masculine feel of Melissa's layout! So I combined the two and came up with this!


As far as my card skills go I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. It hasn't made it to my Father in law yet but I assume it should be getting there today. I hope he likes it, it should help that I included some pictures of Brianna! How can you not like something that delivers all that cuteness, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment