Monday, August 15, 2011

Artist Trading Cards

The group of crafters I belong to, Crafty Enablers, organized an ATC swap a few months ago. For a lot of us it was our first experience with ATCs. The theme was summer and that was the only guideline put on them. As a group we decided that for the sake of the 100 project challenge 3 ATCs would equal 1 project. With 18 ATCs to be made that was 6 more projects on my list! My cards were simple but time consuming!

I started out by stamping the hot air balloon in the middle of the ATC and coating it with black embossing powder. Then I stamped the hot air balloon on a scrap piece of paper and cut it out to use as a mask. I used repositionable adhesive to place the mask over the hot air balloon on my card. Then I misted the background with my Tattered Angels, Teal High Heal glimmer mist and a homemade mist that I mixed up with some light blue acrylic paint and water. After they dried I removed the mask and stamped the clouds with white ink and covered them with clear embossing powder. Then I just colored the balloon with my Prismacolor colored pencils. 18 was a lot of balloons to color but it was so worth it! I love all the ATCs I've gotten in return from all my crafty friends! I also like that they counted for projects number 9 through 14!





No comments:

Post a Comment