Friday, August 12, 2011

Project 3 and 4, Sitting on Santa's lap

For Christmas last year I made mine and Trevor's mom an 8x8 album of Brianna. Kind of a review of her first year. It was a rushed project, as I had the idea last minute, and I wasn't thrilled with the results. However My mom and mother in law loved them! So this year I decided I would start early and work on them throughout the year, so that I could be proud of the results! Unfortunately come July I had still only done one page for each book. I quickly saw this become another mad dash before Christmas. Thankfully now that I've started this challenge I've gotten to work on them a little bit more and can hopefully catch up. The holidays are stressful enough without adding to the list of things to do.

For the most part I'm doing a mini version of the layout that I put in Brianna's 12x12 scrapbook, with a few adjustment for size of course. So here is the layout that is in Brianna's book.

 
I used Echo Park's Everybody Loves Christmas. It was harder than I thought to shrink it down to an 8x8 but here is what I came up with.


I was able to use some of the scraps from the original layout and include the pennant banner in the title. I had to leave out the Merry Christmas ornaments but I was ok with that. I made two of these, one for each book so that was project 3 and 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment