Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Half way there!

It's ATC time again! The crafty group I belong to decided to do another round of ATC's. We had a much larger group that wanted to participate this time, 35 total! It wasn't required to make all 35 but since I'm trying to get to 100 projects I decided I would make them all! The theme was Fall and I went with a fairly simple design since I knew I wanted to do some stitching. Stitching 35 cards adds up to a lot of work but here they are!
I started out by cutting out a stitched leaf pattern on my silhouette. Then I place the pattern over plain white cardstock and used my paper piercer to poke the wholes through on each card. I used three different colors of my tattered angels glimmer mist for the background, Brick, Flower Power, and Peach Delight. I broke them up into a few smaller groups to spray them which is why there is such color variation between the cards. After the mist dried I sprayed them with a coat of Modge Podge clear sealer spray. Then the really time consuming part, the stitching! Here is a closer look at it.
I backed them with plain white cardstock and kraft paper to give them a frame and make them I bit more sturdy. So following the agreement that every 3 ATC's count as 1 project that put me up to 51 projects. Getting me past the half way point just in time for my trip to Salt Lake City over the weekend and a little scrappy spending!

No comments:

Post a Comment